Settings on Mobile Data Collection app can be accessed just after logging in or from the Settings tab in the app.
Here are the list settings you can adjust:
- Info – short introduction tutorial for the app.
- Projects – choose Projects if you want to open a form created in MDC Portal.
- Maps & Layers – open any map or layer you created in Map Editor and start collecting data. Note that only database point layers can be selected from the Layers drop-down list.
- Refresh Projects – refresh a list of projects or the maps.
- Project/map name – choose the project or map from the dropdown list where data will be collected.
- Refresh Form – refresh the form after the changes are made.
- Offline maps – makes a map available when there is no Internet connection in the area. Find more info here.
- Zoom after send – when the new data is collected, this feature automatically zooms to the current mobile device’s location if the option is turned on.
- Follow user on map – if the option is switched on, pin on the map will adjust depending on the current map position.
- Send using cellular data network – when enabled, data will send using a cellular data network. If disabled, your device will send the data you collect only via Wi-Fi connection and in that way prevent the app from using your mobile internet traffic.
- Photo quality – choose between the high and low settings for the quality of photos taken with MDC.
- The low setting gives 800x800px images.
- The high uses the full resolution of your device’s camera.
- External GPS – it’s possible to collect data using external GPS. Click here for more info.
- Choose a language – choose between English, Croatian, and Chinese.
- Log out – log off from Mobile Data collection application.
- Form – return to the form and collect data. Click here for more info.
- Map – view and edit collected data on the map. Find more info here.