When you create a map, you can share it with other users, but apart from that, you can set up additional sharing options for each layer individually.
Find Share Layer tool in three ways:
- Navigate to Layer tab and choose Share Layer tool
- Select Share Layer function from the dropdown menu
- Select the layer and click on the icon on top of Layer List
Choose a layer you want to set up additional sharing options and, after clicking the button, Sharing settings window will open.
On the top of the Sharing settings window, there is a message regarding the number of available licenses for Mobile Data Collection if you wish to use this layer for collecting. Find more info about data collection in our guide.
Note: if you get an alert, “You have 0/0 Mobile data collection subscription(s) in total available”, then please check that MDC licenses are assigned correctly in the Manager app. Here you can find info on how to assign MDC subscriptions.
To share a layer follow these steps:
- In the empty field type in the username of the user you want to share the layer with and hit Enter.
- User will appear in the list, so set user’s sharing permissions.
- Can view – will allow the person you have shared your map with only viewing privileges of the specified layer, without possibility to edit or export it. E.g. If you gave other user edit privileges to the map, but want to make restricted privileges for a specific layer.
- Can share – will provide sharing privileges to the person you have shared your layer with. E.g., If you gave view privileges to the map, but want to enable other users to share a layer to another user. A person with share privileges can share layer to another user and assign him the same permissions he got from the layer owner.
- Can edit – will provide the person you have shared your map with complete editing privileges of the specified layer. E.g., If you gave other users view privileges to the map, but want him to be able to edit a specific layer.
- Can export – will allow the person to export specific layers from the map you have shared with him. E.g., If you give other users view privileges to the map, but want him to be able to export a specific layer.
- Can collect – will allow the person in the field to send new data to a specific layer, but without the possibility to make changes to existing data or the one that he already sent through Mobile Data Collection application.
- Can update – will allow the person in the field to make attribute and geometry changes for features in a specific layer, but without the possibility to send new data through Mobile Data Collection application.
Note: If you can’t assign Collect and/or Update privileges, that means that you don’t have assigned MDC licenses. Click here for more info.
By ticking the mark on Publicly available, it is possible to make the layer publicly available for all GIS Cloud users. After making the layer public, it’s also possible to choose between view, edit, and/or export privileges.