Now, when you have learned how to upload data into GIS Cloud, you will find deleting data very easy as well.
Delete data from File Manager
To delete data from File Manager, first log in to your GIS Cloud Map Editor and follow the steps:
- Choose the Tool tab
- Click on File Manager
- Choose the data/files you wish to delete (Shift/CTRL and click if you want to choose more than one file)
- Once you have selected the files you wish to delete, click the delete button (small “x” button at the top of the toolbar).
- In the end, confirm that you wish to delete these files by pressing the Delete button.
Be careful when you delete files from File Manager, because you won’t be able to retrieve them. However, you can set up data backup to periodically export layers, so you don’t have to worry about losing data. Also, find more info about organizing your data here.
Deleting data in Database Manager
Once you have deleted files from File Manager, you can also delete geospatial files and tables from Database Manager. Follow these steps:
- Select Tools in Map Editor
- Go to Database Manager
- Select the files you wish to delete (Shift/CTRL and click if you wish to choose more than one file)
- Click on Delete button to delete the files
Please note that you can delete only imported files. If your files are connected to some PostGIS server you won’t be able to delete them.
If you delete a feature from the map, it is automatically deleted from the Database too. Be careful when you delete features because you won’t be able to retrieve them from the Database. However, you can set up data backup to periodically export layers, so you don’t have to worry about losing data. Also, find more info about organizing your data here.
Sometimes it happens that you accidentally delete features from the map, so please contact our Support staff at email@example.com for additional help.