Web Feature Service, while WMS refers to the sending and receiving geographic information after it has been rendered as a digital image, WFS can be described as the “source code” to the maps that one would view via WMS. Therefore, WFS data can be added to the map, edited and analyzed.
To add Web Feature Service into the Datasource Manager:
- Select the Datasource Manager from the Tools tab.
- Click Add WFS in the Source Browser.
- Write a WFS name and URL of the dataset.
- Select Get Info.
- Select a layer.
- Click the Save button.
WFS is added to a project as shown below:
- Select Add Layer from the Layer tab or Map tab.
- Select Web Feature Service in the Source Browser.
- Select the WFS layer.
- Click the Select button.
Apart from adding WFS to your maps, you can also share your GIS Cloud map on a third party software as a Web Feature Service (WFS).