The GIS Cloud Publisher for ArcMap extension enables you to publish your maps from ArcMap to GIS Cloud. It automatically uploads your data, symbology and layer structure. The idea is that what you see in your desktop GIS is instantly replicated on your GIS Cloud account.
Note: Publisher for ArcMap supports the upload of only vector data, and not raster data.
Download and enable GIS Cloud Publisher extension
The extension is compatible with ArcGIS 9.x and 10.0+. You can download it from the following link: GIS Cloud Publisher for ArcMap (600kB)
Note: If you don’t have 4.5.NET installed on your computer, install it before installing Publisher for ArcMap extension. Also, make sure that the firewall is not blocking the app.
To enable the extension in the ArcMap:
- Open ArcMap.
- Right-click on the ribbon.
- Click on the GIS Cloud Publisher extension to enable it.
Publish data to the GIS Cloud
- Open GIS Cloud Publisher extension from the ArcMap ribbon.
- Log in with your GIS Cloud credentials.
- Set up publish options, select layers you want to publish and define map visibility.
Note: Make sure that layers in the ArcMap are not grouped, otherwise layers will not be imported in the GIS Cloud. If they are, please ungroup them and then use ArcMap Publisher.
- Click the Publish button and wait until you see the “Map is published” message. Clicking on the link above you can see your map in GIS Cloud.
Review data in the GIS Cloud
When data is published, click on the link in the Publisher to open a map in the GIS Cloud.
- Login in the Map Editor with your GIS Cloud credentials.
- Open your newly created map.
- Review or edit the data you uploaded.