How to optimize your map for usage in MDC app and Mobile Map Viewer?
In GIS Cloud apps the number of layers in the map is not limited and layers can have millions of features. The map will run smoothly on Map Editor app and without any issues. However, if you would like to use a map with millions of features and a lot of layers in Mobile Map Viewer or MDC app, then there probably will be some downgrade of performance.
The performance of Mobile Map Viewer and MDC app mainly depends on the mobile device. Our apps work the best on newer mobile devices (preferably tablets) with more RAM memory and free storage. Heavy maps can cause the downgrade of performance, but here are some tips and tricks on how you can optimize your maps:
- Turn off other apps from the device’s background
- Use simple symbology on your layers. Find more info here.
- If possible, remove the layers which you are not using from the map.
- Turn off the visibility of the layers that you are not using
- Divide the layers and create two maps out of one